Introduction – What is Python?
Python is a very high level, object-oriented, interpreted, general purpose, multi-paradigm, functional programming language developed by Guido Van Rossum that first appeared in 1990 at PSF (Python Software Foundation). It is a very simple yet very powerful programming language used by many professionals and big companies like google worldwide. Its syntax is very easy to understand because of English like syntax features. This powerful language can be used for teaching newbie and novice students.
Uses of Python
As Python is a General purpose programming language. It can be used in a variety of application domain. Python is now extensively used in many application domains widely including web, internet, desktop, scientific computing, Software Development, etc. For use in different application domains, Python has a great built-in standard library for multi-purpose tasks that are managed by the Python Software Foundation. Moreover, there are thousands of python external module and packages available at The Python Package Manager or PyPI – It is an open source python package publishing place. Some most popular uses of Pythons these days are:
- Business Application: Python can be used for a very small project but it also can be used in very large scale application development. Companies like, Google, Amazon also use Python as their server backend code for many of their product and services like YouTube.
- Software Development: Python can be used extensively for developing software. It is built in software build, testing, Software Debugging tools, and many ways. (Ex: SCons for build controls, Buildbot and Apache Gump for testing, Roundup for bug tracking, etc.)
- Web Development: Python is very handy for developing web and web services by using its many rich frameworks and built-in methods including Django, Flask, Pyramid, etc.
- Education: Python is a cool language for teaching the newbie and novice student. Many colleges and universities teach their students Python as their first programming language.
- Desktop GUI: Another useful use of Python is developing desktop GUIs. By using python tools like PyQt, PySide, Kivy, etc modern and high-quality GUI can be developed, etc.
About this Tutorial Series
This Tutorial is designed for the absolute beginner and self-learners who want to figure out Python 3 along with Python 2 from a very basic level to advanced. In this whole series of beginners tutorial, we will discuss the most basic about Python like data types, variable, strings, function, code implementation, etc. Keep learning Python Good Luck!