Introduction – What is C#?
C# Pronounced as “C Sharp” is a modern, general-purpose, an interactive, imperative, declarative, object-oriented programming language based on C and C++ designed and developed by Microsoft. To compile and run C# source code Microsoft .NET framework is required. C# is approved by EMCA and ISO standards.
C# designed led was Anders Hejlsberg. This language was intended to be simple and modern. This language first appeared in 2000. As C# is based on Common Language Infrastructure, It can be used for a wide variety of application domain and it is also device and platform-independent. The general syntax of C# is based on C/C++ or Java. If you know them already then it will be fun to teach you C#. But If you don’t know them you can also start learning.
Why You Should Learn C#
There are many reasons you will find that will inspire you to learn C#. To be a better computer programmer more specifically windows developer, then the skill of C# can really help you to drive in. Some of the reasons are:
- High-Level Syntax made easy: C# is a very high-level programming language that allows ultimate readability and easy to learn the syntax. So you can start along with .NET framework.
- Object-oriented: C# is an object-oriented programming language. Programmers can divide the code into classes that are very helpful to manipulate the code and enables an interactive software development environment.
- Desktop and Web application: C# is used by hundreds of thousand programmers to develop the desktop application mainly. But it also can be used for web application development that gives enough flexibility.
- Enterprise Software and Game Development: You know, for gaming windows platforms are best ever. C# has a huge contribution to the development of the modern desktop game. It is extensively used for developing enterprise software like Adobe Photoshop.
Uses of C#
The applications of C# in this real-world is very extensive. It is used different application domain, some of them are:
- Developing Microsoft product: C# is specially designed for Microsoft. A large scale software and program are using the C# source code as the core language.
- Interactive Web Services: There are lots of Website and web services are functioning with C#. Using C# very interactive, secure and powerful web services can be developed.
- Desktop development: One of the most uses of C# is desktop application development. Especially Microsoft .NET framework comes with C# distribution. And nearly every windows software uses C# code for functioning modern applications.
- C# with Game engine Unity: Another core uses of C# language is to develop video games and other desktop games with Unity game engine.
About this Tutorial Series
This series of C# Tutorial has been designed for absolute beginners and self-learners. Because it discusses the C# from the very beginning to advanced. Advanced learners can learn from the advanced section given in the later chapters.