Dhaka University Overview
+ Subscribe The University of Dhaka is the major university in Bangladesh. It was established on before 1921 and first opened on 1st July in 1921. The first Vice-Chancellor of the University was Sir P.J. Hartog was a British chemist and educationalist.
Currently, up to 37K students are studying and about 1890 teachers are teaching in this leadership institute. While the university started with 12 departments under 3 faculties that was lead by only 60 teachers. At the beginning point of the journey of this university, the number of students was also fewer. According to DUBD (Dhaka University of Bangladesh) in 1921, only 877 students were admitted from all over the country.
|Name||University of Dhaka|
|Motto||Truth Shall Prevail|
|Scholarships||Click here to see|
|Location||Dhaka, Bangladesh (Urban)|
Study Program and Course are categorized by faculty and department in this institute. The available courses are divided into 84 departments and distributed into 13 faculties.
- Faculty of Arts (16 departments)
- Faculty of Business Study (9 Departments)
- Faculty of biology science (10 Departments)
- Faculty of Education (no dep. included)
- Faculty of Fine Arts (8 departments)
- Faculty of law (Unique department)
- Faculty of medicine
- Faculty of Technology & modern engineering (5 departments)
- Postgraduates medical research
- faculty of pharmacy (4 departments)
- Faculty of science (6 departments)
- Faculty of Social Science (15 departments)
- Faculty of Environmental Science (5 Departments)
Scholarships & Financial Aid
DU support for Scholarships and financial aid for students on a various criteria.