Adobe Premiere Pro lets you allow to ingest (Copy) your source file and media to a new specified location in some different formats, frame rates, and frame size in a presets. if you need a presets that don’t match any presets in your Adobe Premiere Pro then you can create your own Ingest presets as your need. for example, you want to import 4K resolution footage and want to create proxies but a presets don’t have in the Adobe Premiere. Then you have to create your own presets in order to ingest and create proxies.
You can create your own ingest presets by using Adobe Media Encoder and use them in adobe premiere pro to ingest your desired raw footage. Follow the instruction given below to get your job done.
Create your own ingest Presets
- Run your Adobe Media Encoder. In the ingest presets browser located at the bottom left of the main window. Click on the + sign from the top of media browser. Select “Create Ingest presets…”. Alternatively, select Presets>Create Ingest preset. This action will open ingest preset settings dialog box.
- Under general settings in the name field, give a name of your presets. And under comment field, give additional information you will need later for the presets.
- If you want to copy your new ingested footage on a new location on your computer, enable the transfer option by checking the option “Copy files to destination”. Then, Choose a destination folder under the option Destination and click browse for the location.
IMPORTANT NOTES: If you enable the copy option as above. The presets in the Premiere Pro only will work in the Ingest settings under the option “Copy” and “Create proxies Option”. “Transcode” and “Transcode and Create Proxies” option will be unavailable.
- If you want to transcode your media while ingesting. Enable the transcode option by checking “Transcode files to destination”. Then, Select a Destination folder where the transcoded media will be copied. Now choose the media format from the drop-down options format. Then, select an available corresponding presets from the presets drop-down menu.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you enable the transcoding option. In the Premiere Pro’s Ingest setting the option “Copy” and “Copy and Create proxies” option will be unavailable. Only “Transcode” and “Transcode and Create Proxies” will work.
- Now Click the OK Button to save your Ingest Presets settings. All done. You have successfully created your own ingest presets.
How can I use this Presets in Adobe Premiere Pro
- Once you have created a ingest Presets in Media Encoder. then, one step left to you to use the preset in Premiere Pro. place the cursor on the newly created ingest presets.Click the Right Button on your mouse and choose “Export Presets”. That’s will create a .epr file. And the presets file can be used in Premiere Pro to ingest your proxies media.